Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Video Treatment

The "-ism"
For my video project, my -ism is going to be sexism. I want my video to help get out the issues we have with modern day sexism and the fight for gender equality. 


The Story
My story is going to begin with a lady and a man sitting in an office waiting room both waiting for an interview. They will converse some and the male character will in some form say something sexist/oppressive to the female character. They will then discuss the issue that results from this oppressive dialect. Then, they will each go into the interview, but you will only see the female's interview (this might change to both, I haven't completely decided yet). Within this movie, I hope to get in fact about the rising job rates for women, the opportunities that are changing for women, and the goal set out for society and the path they must endeavor. 


The Software
For my project, I plan to use xtranormal. I've used this software only once for fun and haven't used any of the others so I'd feel most comfortable with this. I think it'll get my point across while also not being uncomfortable for anyone to watch. Also, I will feel more comfortable since I know I can use it!


Research
I will use the textbooks from class, posts by Prof. Ryan, and the videos we have watched. I'd really like to use the video by Bell Hooks because I really enjoyed that one. I will make it educational by showing a real life situation and adding substantial facts to back up the situation. The female character will be very knowledgeable on the situation and be able to give supportive facts, not just fluff. 


Timeline
Jan 11th - Summary, Video Treatment, Brainstorm, Begin Research
Jan 12th - Start assembling the dialogue for the video
Jan 13th - Finish Dialogue and edit as needed 
Jan 14th - Begin to add dialogue into xtranormal.com and start movements
Jan 15th/16th - Finish movie and post to Youtube.com
Jan 17th - Post Process Piece


Take Away Message
I want people to take away the importance of sexism. That everyone deserves the same opportunities and rights, whether it's a job interview (like in this case) or buying something or anything! We are all people and we all deserve equal opportunities in life. I really hope my project can help people see that there IS an issue and WE ALL need to help put an end to the oppression and the pain.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an interesting video. Just remember, you only have 3-5 minutes--so brevity and really getting your point across quickly is vital. I am looking forward to seeing your video!

    ReplyDelete