Sunday, January 23, 2011

What can we do?

For our society to change, we all need to become one group of people. We need to stop seeing racial differences and know that we are all equal people. Like Johnson said, the best thing we can do is all take the blame for what our society has become and not just blame one person. I agree with this and I personally take blame for not putting in the effort to change things. Living with 3 Women's Studies majors has helped me see that we need change, but this class is going to help me actually put that change into effect.
 I think I personally could stop saying slurs/words that are offensive even if I don't mean them. I don't say gay or queer because that's not what the words mean. But words like retarded slip sometimes and I really want to stop saying things like that. I plan on being a teacher and I really hope I can teach students the right way to act/speak towards other people. Even though I'll teach music, I can still effect the mindset of my students. We all really need to work together to make a change in our communities and our lifestyles.

No comments:

Post a Comment